Sunday, October 3, 2010

everything is better with bacon

especially my new cheesy oinker cookies. i made cheddar cheese cookies a couple of weeks ago, and they were good (at least the ones i got to taste - momma ate most of them). but they needed a little more daisy love. so today i tweaked the recipe a little and added bacon. these cookies are the best; i might enter them in the texas state fair next year. you guys can start calling me the 'canine chef' or 'b*tch in the kitchen'. here's the fabulous recipe:

daisy's cheesy oinker cookies
1 cup plus just a tiny bit more flour
2 cups plus just a little more cheddar cheese
1/2 cup plus just a little more melted butter
12 slices 11 slices (i had to make sure it was fried to perfection) of cooked bacon, crumbled

mix all the good stuff together with your paws (don't worry, mine are clean. momma gave me a bath today), then roll into teaspoon sized balls. place on an ungreased cookie sheet and put in the fridge for 1 hour. then bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes. try not to eat them all at once. big thanks to carey who encouraged me to strive for greatness and try my paws at cooking.

my feelings are kind of hurt cause daddy has all kinds of cute nicknames for lindy - 'cheesiness', 'stinky cheese', 'chunky cheese' (cause she's sort of a fatty now) and 'the little one'. daddy only ever calls me "the big one". i resent that - i'm not big; i'm big-boned. its almost my birthday though, so i'm not too sad. in case you've forgotten, its the 27th. yes, i'm a scorpio - i have extraordinary emotional depth and sensitivity. i do. really.

ok; gotta run. all this cooking has made me tired and HUNGRY!

love and tasty pig meat.

daisy

No comments: